Sending bulk messages on WhatsApp without using the built-in Broadcast List feature can be a bit challenging due to WhatsApp’s policies against unauthorised bulk messaging. But don’t worry! It’s still possible to send bulk messages without using the feature while staying within WhatsApp’s Terms of Service.
If you’re looking to send bulk messages on WhatsApp without the Broadcast List feature, we’re here to help!
In this article, we’ll discuss a few alternative methods of sending bulk messages without using its Broadcast List feature.
Before you continue, note that these methods are safe to use as long as you don’t use them to send spam or unsolicited content. Spamming users is a violation of WhatsApp’s Terms of Service and may still lead to a ban.
Here are 4 alternative ways to send bulk messages on WhatsApp without Broadcast List.
1. Using Privyr’s bulk sender tool
Here’s a step-by-step process to do it:
- Step 1. Visit Privyr’s bulk sender tool.
- Step 2. Click “START USING” button.
- Step 3. Write your message in the message template box. While composing your message, use the @name token in your message. It’s a placeholder that will automatically be replaced with your contact’s actual name when you send the message. The feature helps you personalise each message without manual typing.
- Step 4. Add your recipients’ names and numbers in the fields below. You can add more rows if you have a longer list of recipients. You can also bulk-edit contact by pasting your contact list as a CSV. To do that, click on “Bulk Edit Contacts”, then paste your CSV list to the window that appears next.
- Step 5. Click on the send button for each recipient. Each click will open your WhatsApp chat with that specific person. You only need to tap send on WhatsApp to confirm the sending.
Visit this article for a comprehensive guide to Privyr’s WhatsApp Bulk Sender Tool
Pros of Privyr’s WhatsApp Bulk Sender Tool
Here are some benefits of using Privyr’s WhatsApp Bulk Sender Tool:
- The tool is free to use.
- You do not need to register, sign up, or provide any of your information to use the tool.
- You can send a message to multiple people without saving their details in your phonebook.
- There is no limitation to the number of recipients you can send messages to.
- Privyr’s WhatsApp Bulk Message Tool is safe to use as it doesn’t store or access your data. Privyr never gets any access to your private WhatsApp data.
- The tool follows WhatsApp’s Terms of Service. Therefore, you’re sending the same message to multiple recipients with a minimal risk of getting banned. However, keep in mind that you can still run into issues with WhatsApp if you use the tool to spam or deceive people.
- You can quickly auto-personalise your message for each contact with the help of @name placeholder without manually typing names.
Cons of Privyr’s WhatsApp Bulk Sender Tool
Here are some cons of Privyr’s WhatsApp Bulk Sender Tool
- The tool doesn’t offer a one-click bulk-send feature, meaning you’ll have to tap the send button to send the message to each recipient. However, this is still much faster than manually saving each contact to your phone and then messaging them yourself.
WhatsApp generally prohibits users from using one-click send-to-all tools and would ban users who do so. Free tools that support one-click send-to-all are typically unauthorised tools that hijack your account and gain access to all your private data. Hence, Privyr is still the safer alternative to such tools.
2. Using third-party tools
Various third-party tools and services can integrate with WhatsApp and offer bulk messaging features. But keep in mind that bulk sending of WhatsApp messages through third-party tools could potentially violate WhatsApp’s Terms of Service. WhatsApp may consider this as spamming or unauthorised use of their platform, especially if you use any one-click bulk-senders. Also, such tools risk your privacy since you’ll be required to provide full access to your WhatsApp in order for these tools to work.
Pros of using third-party tools to send bulk messages on WhatsApp
Despite the risks associated with third-party bulk messaging, the benefit of using an unauthorised third-party tool to send WhatsApp messages is that these tools usually come with a single bulk-send button, so you’ll be able to message all your recipients in one go. It can save you some messaging time.
Cons of using third-party tools to send bulk messages on WhatsApp
Use of an unauthorised third-party tool is not recommended for bulk messaging on WhatsApp because they come with more risks than rewards. Here are some reasons to back it up:
- Unauthorised third-party bulk messaging is against WhatsApp’s Terms of Service and your account could be permanently banned for using such tools.
- Some of these tools require full control over your WhatsApp account to send bulk messages. This means your data and your customer’s data will be at risk of being compromised.
- Some one-click WhatsApp Bulk-Senders even charge a subscription for their service despite being a type of unauthorised automation. You might be paying a bigger price if WhatsApp detects that you’re using these tools.
3. Using WhatsApp API
WhatsApp offers a Business API for business messaging at scale, typically used by large e-commerce businesses and corporations. You can automate bulk messages using this API, but you’ll need to pay a subscription and get approved by WhatsApp to use it.
WhatsApp Business API might not be the appropriate solution for small businesses. It is an enterprise-level messaging service that requires technical expertise to set up.
Sending bulk messages via WhatsApp Business API involves a complex process that typically requires a server-side application to interact with the WhatsApp API. You’ll need to have a verified WhatsApp Business account and phone number, and you may also need to host the WhatsApp Business API client on your own server or via a third-party cloud service.
Pros of using WhatsApp Business API for sending bulk messages
- WhatsApp Business API is designed for enterprise-level usage and offers robustness and reliability.
- With WhatsApp Business API, you get access to WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption, ensuring a secure channel for communication.
- Integration with other business systems is easier with WhatsApp Business API. This allows for greater automation of customer communication.
- The API enables you to implement programmatic ways to manage opt-ins and opt-outs, which can help with compliance issues.
Cons of WhatsApp Business API for bulk sending
- WhatsApp Business API doesn’t come for free. Costs can scale with the number of messages sent and can become a significant expense.
- WhatsApp Business API is a completely different platform than your regular WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business applications. The interface and usage experience will be different.
- Setting up and maintaining a WhatsApp Business API client involves technical expertise and infrastructure.
- Promotional messages often have to be templated and approved by WhatsApp before sending, which can limit timely delivery.
- You must have explicit consent from users to send them messages, which can be a barrier to mass outreach.
- Monitoring delivery statuses, managing templates, and maintaining compliance can be resource-intensive.
- Your communication is heavily reliant on a third-party service, making you vulnerable to any changes in their terms of service, pricing, or API capabilities.
- You’ll need to constantly keep track of messages, delivery statuses, and user opt-ins and opt-outs.
4. Using a programming language like Python
If you or some on your team is familiar with Python, you can use this skill to send bulk messages on WhatsApp without using the Broadcast List feature. Pywhatkit is a Python library that allows you to automate WhatsApp messages with simple lines of codes. To use the library, you need to install it using the pip command and set up your WhatsApp Web account in your default browser.
You can refer to this guide from AskPython to send bulk WhatsApp messages using Python.
Pros of using Python to bulk-send WhatsApp messages
- Automating messages through codes is a reliable way to connect with customers since you don’t rely on external apps and their updates.
- Python has a large and active community. If you encounter issues, it’s likely that someone has faced a similar problem so a solution is usually readily available.
- Python is an open-source and free-to-use program. Developing and maintaining your bulk messaging system comes at no cost.
- Python is a programming language known for its simplicity, meaning you can easily write and maintain code if you have basic coding knowledge.
Cons of using Python to bulk-send WhatsApp messages
- You’ll need programming knowledge to send bulk-messages on WhatsApp by using Python. If you’re not familiar with Python or programming in general, there’s a steep learning curve.
- You’ll need to ensure you’re compliant with WhatsApp Terms of Service and electronic messaging laws for bulk messages. While this isn’t a drawback of the programming language, it’s a consideration that will require additional logic in your code.
- Managing libraries and dependencies can become complex as your business grows.
- Sending bulk messages may still fall under automated sending and against WhatsApp Terms of Service even if you’re doing it programmatically with Python.
WhatsApp is a great business communication platform. It allows you to connect with your clients and leads in a private and personal way in real-time. Nevertheless, it also comes with some limitations. For instance, the app doesn’t allow features like bulk-messaging that traditional communication channels like emails do to ensure safe use of the platform.
If you’re looking to bulk-message your contacts on WhatsApp, it’s important that you follow its Terms of Service to be able to keep using it. Understand each tool comprehensively before using it.