Facebook posts can be a great way to reach more audiences and build your personal and professional brand. However, when it comes to achieving success with your Facebook posts, you need a long-term plan and an effective social media content calendar. Whether you’re looking to grow your brand organically or you want to stay visible in front of your audience with boosted posts, consistency is super important.
But unfortunately, you may not always be available to publish your Facebook post as planned, which may end up creating long gaps between your posts and eventually affect the momentum you’re gaining with your previous posts. Why not schedule your Facebook posts in advance? Scheduling Facebook posts don’t just help you post regularly, it also makes it super easy to manage your social media content calendar.
The good news is that scheduling your post in advance and publishing it whenever you want on Facebook is super easy to set up, and you can do it directly from the Facebook app or website. In this post, we explain how to schedule a Facebook post for your pages and private accounts.
How to schedule a Facebook post for your Page
If you have a Facebook Page for your business, you can schedule posts in two ways – from your Page directly or through Facebook Business Manager. Depending on which option you choose, you can either set this up from your desktop or your mobile device.
However, before posting or scheduling a post, make sure that you are an admin of the page. If you’re an editor, you might not have the permission to schedule or publish a post.
Setting up a Facebook post’s date and time directly from your Page
You can schedule a Facebook post directly from your Page after logging in to your Facebook account and navigating to your Page. Here’s the process:
- Click on the Menu button in the top-right corner of the page. You’ll see a dropdown menu with options: Post, Story, Life event, Ad, Group, and Event.
- Select Post. A new window will pop-up where you can type your post in the text box and add any photos or videos that you want to include.
- Create a post and click the clock icon from the bottom-left corner.
- You can now select the date and time that you want the post to be published.
- Click “Schedule” to set the post to be published at the chosen time.
If you wish to edit or delete your scheduled post, you can do it by clicking on the Publishing Tools tab at the top of your page and then selecting Scheduled Posts from the left-hand menu. Also, keep in mind if you wish to schedule your posts directly from your Page, this can only be done on desktop.
Pre-planning a Facebook post from Business Manager
Facebook Business Manager also allows you to schedule your posts easily. Even when you’re scheduling your posts directly from your page from your desktop, there’s an option that says “schedule your post from planner in Meta Business Suite” just above the Post button on your Create Post window. Alternatively, you can navigate to Meta Business Suite to schedule posts. Here’s how to do it from a Desktop:
- Log in to Facebook and go to your profile (by clicking your profile picture).
- Select the Page that you want to schedule posts from.
- Now, click your Page’s profile picture and click Meta Business Suite.
- Click Planner.
- Click Schedule.
- Select Schedule post and select the date and time for your post.
- Click Save.
You can also schedule a Facebook post on your mobile via Meta Business Suite mobile. Here’s how to do it:
- On your Meta Business Suite mobile app, tap the post creation tool.
- Tap Post. It allows you to create and publish text and media posts and also links.
- Create your post and tap Next.
- Select where you want to publish your post: on Facebook, Instagram, or both.
- Tap Schedule for later and select the time and date that you want to publish your post
- Tap Schedule.
You can review your post schedules by navigating to Posts and stories>> Calendar.
How to schedule your personal Facebook posts
You need an external scheduler tool if you’re looking to schedule your personal posts since Facebook doesn’t allow you to schedule personal posts directly. And using external tools to schedule personal Facebook posts is not as easy as it was before. With Facebook changing their API in August 2018, older tools no longer integrate with Facebook.
However, there are new tools like OneUp that integrate with Facebook’s new API and help you schedule your personal posts easily. Make sure you choose the right tool. Also, keep in mind that a majority of these tools might not work on your Facebook Mobile app.
Scheduling a Facebook post is pretty easy and simple, but the benefits it brings is quite wonderful, especially when you have a tight content calendar. That being said, you should also ensure you’re keeping up to date with the latest technological changes so you can make timely and appropriate changes to your content calendar.
If you’re generating leads for your business via Facebook, managing them manually is tedious and you may end up missing out on many leads in the process. Privyr is a Mobile-first CRM designed to help you access, contact, and manage your Facebook Leads in the easiest way possible so you can improve your conversion rate by up to 300%.
Try Privyr for free today to supercharge your sales.